I first tasted this dish at my sister's house. I found out it to be really tasty even without a trace of meat in it. So I tweaked their recipe to make my own version. This is a staple in my cleansing diet. I prepare this meal whenever I want to get rid of toxins in my body. This recipe is for the health-buffs.
VEGGIE PITA POCKETS
200 grams Asparagus, removed 1 1/2 inches bottom part, diced
4 squares tofu (firm), pan-fried & sliced into cubes
1 medium size carrot, diced
2 small potatoes or 1 medium size potato, diced
1 small red onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablespoon liquid seasoning
2 teaspoon canola/vegetable/olive oil
2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese or 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
6 pieces whole pita pockets
- Heat the pan and add oil once the pan is hot.
- Saute garlic and onion in the pan.
- Add the carrots, potatoes and asparagus into the pan, with an interval of 2 minutes per each vegetable. Season with salt, pepper and liquid seasoning.
- Cook the vegetables until it's soft to the bite (approximately 8 minutes).
- Stir in the pan-fried tofu. Set aside.
- Heat the pita pockets in an oven or use a non-stick pan.
- Slice into half the pita pockets.
- Put the veggies inside the pita pockets.
- Top with cheese and ready to serve.
This serves 4-6 persons.
Enjoy this healthy but delicious food!