Thursday, September 22, 2011

VEGGIE PITA POCKETS



I first tasted this dish at my sister's house. I found out it to be really tasty even without a trace of meat in it. So I tweaked their recipe to make my own version. This is a staple in my cleansing diet. I prepare this meal whenever I want to get rid of toxins in my body. This recipe is for the health-buffs. 


VEGGIE PITA POCKETS

Ingredients


200 grams Asparagus, removed 1 1/2 inches bottom part, diced

4 squares tofu (firm), pan-fried & sliced into cubes
1 medium size carrot, diced
2 small potatoes or 1 medium size potato, diced
1 small red onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablespoon liquid seasoning
2 teaspoon canola/vegetable/olive oil
2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese or 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
6 pieces whole pita pockets


Procedure








  1. Heat the pan and add oil once the pan is hot.  
  2. Saute garlic and onion in the pan.  
  3. Add the carrots, potatoes and asparagus into the pan, with an interval of 2 minutes per each vegetable. Season with salt, pepper and liquid seasoning. 
  4. Cook the vegetables until it's soft to the bite (approximately 8 minutes).  
  5. Stir in the pan-fried tofu. Set aside.  
  6. Heat the pita pockets in an oven or use a non-stick pan.  
  7. Slice into half the pita pockets.  
  8. Put the veggies inside the pita pockets.  
  9. Top with cheese and ready to serve.  


This serves 4-6 persons.
Enjoy this healthy but delicious food!


No comments:

Post a Comment