This is a sure-fire hit with the kids and adults. It is best paired with ketchup or Barbeque sauce. It can be served as baon for the kids/adults. I usually prepare the nuggets a day before and keep in the freezer.
500 grams ground chicken or skinless chicken breast fillet cut into 1 inch piece
1/2 cup grated carrots
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup powdered milk
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup Japanese breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon salt, divided into 2 portions
1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided into 2 portions
oil for frying
- In a bowl, combine flour, milk, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- In another bowl, combine the rolled oats and breadcrumbs.
- Mix ground chicken, grated carrots, 1 egg, salt and pepper in another bowl.
- Dredge chicken pieces in the flour mixture. (Use an ice cream scooper or round measuring spoon to scoop the chicken so that you will have a uniform size of the nuggets).
- Dip in 3 beaten eggs and coat with oatmeal mixture. Freeze the nuggets for at least 30 minutes before frying.
- Heat oil then fry the nuggets until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.