Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Marshmallow Bars





Another recipe that is easy to do. It uses three ingredients only. This can serves as baon or snack or dessert for kids & adults. It is a healthier alternative to processed chips. I prepare these bars whenever the craving for a crunchy but healthy snack hits me. Since I'm allergic to most of the chips (made of corn & wheat) available in the market, I usually rely on my cooking/baking to satiate my appetite. 


Ingredients


2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
3 Cups Marshmallows (preferably the white ones)
2 Cups Rice Crispies



Procedure


  1. Line a 8 x 8 square pan with wax paper or grease the pan with butter. 
  2. In a thick-bottomed saucepan, melt the butter first using low heat. Then add the marshmallows.
  3. Stir continuously until the marshmallows are melted. 
  4. Pour this mixture into the bowl of rice crispies and mix well. 
  5. Spread the said mixture into the greased/lined square pan. 
  6. Let it cool for 4 hours before slicing the bars. 



To add more crunch and texture to the snack, you may add 1/4 cup of crushed peanuts or cashew to the mixture. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment