Another recipe that is easy to do. It uses three ingredients only. This can serves as baon or snack or dessert for kids & adults. It is a healthier alternative to processed chips. I prepare these bars whenever the craving for a crunchy but healthy snack hits me. Since I'm allergic to most of the chips (made of corn & wheat) available in the market, I usually rely on my cooking/baking to satiate my appetite.
2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
3 Cups Marshmallows (preferably the white ones)
2 Cups Rice Crispies
- Line a 8 x 8 square pan with wax paper or grease the pan with butter.
- In a thick-bottomed saucepan, melt the butter first using low heat. Then add the marshmallows.
- Stir continuously until the marshmallows are melted.
- Pour this mixture into the bowl of rice crispies and mix well.
- Spread the said mixture into the greased/lined square pan.
- Let it cool for 4 hours before slicing the bars.
To add more crunch and texture to the snack, you may add 1/4 cup of crushed peanuts or cashew to the mixture. Enjoy!